FREESTYLE HURLING COMPETITION
31 July 2013
The GAA/GPA Freestyle Hurling competition gives supporters the unique opportunity to be part of the All-Ireland Hurling Final day and secure a place on the All-Stars trip to China later in the year.
Freestyle Hurling is the art of expressing yourself with a Hurley and sliotar while performing skills and tricks using any part of the body.
The challenge is simple; pick up your hurley and show the world what you can do by posting your very own ‘Freestyle Hurling’ videos online.
As mentioned, the winner will be in Croke Park for the All-Ireland Hurling Final on September 8 and will also get a place on the All-Stars trip to China later this year.
How to enter
- Record a video showing off your Freestyle Hurling skills or performing a unique trickshot
- The video should be no more than 30 seconds and end with you shouting ‘I am Hurling’ into the camera
- Upload your video to YouTube. The title of the video should be ‘Freestyle Hurling: Your name’
- Make sure to include ‘GAA’, ‘Freestyle Hurling’, ‘I am Hurling’ and ‘Hurling’ as tags/keywords when uploading
- Once published, email the link of this video to email@example.com, along with your name, age and county to formally enter the ‘Freestyle Hurling’ competition
Note: By entering this video, you agree that the GAA can use this footage for promotional purposes. Full terms and conditions can be viewed by clicking here.
That’s it! You have successfully entered the Freestyle Hurling competition and could be called upon to be part of the All-Ireland Hurling Final experience.
Don’t forget to share your video on Facebook and Twitter and show off your skills to your friends!
Clips from the entries and more from our Freestyle Hurling ambassadors will be shared on the Official GAA Facebook, YouTube and Twitter profiles in the coming weeks as well as GAA.ie. Closing date for entries is August 31.