HISTORICAL WALK & ANNUAL CLUB BBQ SATURDAY 22ND AUGUST
17 August 2015
US, BACK THROUGH TIME
GEOGRAPHICAL LANDMARKS IN AGHADERG’S GAA HISTORY
LAUNCH OUR COLOURFUL GAA WALKING MAP
UNVEIL THE HISTORIC PLAQUES AT EACH
OF OUR OLD PLAYING FIELDS
Aghaderg GFC and Ballyvarley HC launch their “Walking Map
and Guide” of playing fields used in the Ballyvarley area since 1890 and
conduct their inaugural walking history tour of the area on Saturday 22nd
With funding provided by the Heritage Lottery, Historical Plaques have
been erected at each of the sites and Club President Bertie Leckey will unveil
a special plaque at The Chapel Meadows in Lisnagade, marking the spot where the
current club was founded in 1943.
The event begins at 5.45pm, followed by a BBQ
on the club premises at 8pm.
Walking History Tour leaves
Club Premises. (Distance 4.3 miles)
Distribution of Maps and Guides
at “Jimmy Lennon’s Field” in Lisnagade.
Unveiling of Plaque at Chapel
Meadows, Lisnagade, by Club President Bertie Leckey.
Walking Tour continues
around the remaining historical GAA Sites.
Unveiling of final Plaque
at Club Grounds by Club Chairman, Kieran Lennon
followed by Club BBQ.